Monday 1 December 2014

Movie Review: Horrible Bosses 2 2014 *Horrible Can be Hilarious*



I am behind by like five reviews or more not by choice but by circumstance.  (Sucks!!)

Got some time on my hands today so I decided to go watch a movie and possibly drop another review for my lovely readers (I know you do read lol). I had initially planned to watch The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, but I changed my mind at the last minute and opted for this.  And I am glad to say….. YES…. I did make a good choice (As always). Not to down play Hunger Games in anyway but I was really in need of a “de-stress” moment and boy was  I right picking this.

I am very familiar with the 2011 hit Horrible Bosses so I had to make sure its sequel did make it to my priority list. (Check out My TOP FIVE movies to end 2014 With). For anyone who has seen Horrible Bosses they would get what I am saying. I like to describe it as “Stupid Funny”. I am sure a lot of people would agree with me on this.

In Horrible Bosses 1 who saw three friends conspiring to murder their awful bosses after they realized that they were the reasons for their lives being miserable.  

But in this sequel we see these three friends as their own bosses after they decide to start their own business but get ripped off by a slick investor prompting them to plot a misguided scheme to kidnap the investor’s son and hold him for ransom as leverage to get their company back.

I know this seems very plain but with Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day as these three friends you are certain of more than a good laugh. Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey and Jennifer Aniston also reprise their roles from the prequel.  Chris Pine (Jack Ryan) plays the adult son of the investor played by Christopher Waltz (the villain Chudnofsky from The Green Hornet).

You might be asking yourself by now…. in what way is a kidnapping funny. I did too the first time I read the plot of this movie but after seeing this movie it was clear how creative and inventive the writers had to be to put all of this together.

Honestly, I think this was definitely a step up from the prequel. The writers knew they had bigger shoes to fill considering how hilarious the prequel was and they gave it their all.  Despite my high expectations for this movie I had prepared my mind for some level of disappointment should in case it failed to crack me up like the first one did.  This was in no way a failure… The first one was classified Comedy and Crime but this one ..just comedy. Tells you they really meant business with the humor. This movie like the first one had me laughing from start to end (Not just me… Everyone else in the cinema at that time was) except this one made me laugh even more. You just have to pack a good sense of humor to guarantee that you would enjoy this movie as much as I did.  Surprisingly, it also stunned with a high speed cop chase that was not only thrilling but equally funny in a very creative way (I enjoyed that ride).

Oh yeah… How can I forget the soundtracks used throughout the movie… They really did add some element of depth to the progress of the movie. I even spotted someone in the audience using the Shazam app at one point to try to pick up one of the soundtracks that was used.

Besides some time lapses that didn't quite add up for me, I didn't like that I was almost predicting every step of the movie… well maybe because I was enjoying it too much and was following it keenly. Also there were quite some offensive, stereotypical jokes that might sound too blunt and unnecessary  to some people which I feel were not needed at all considering the scenes they where used in. I would agree with anyone who says the cast or script tried to be too funny. And would also agree that there seemed to be not even single scene of seriousness in the entire film.  There is also too much use some very strong foul language which I am quite sure some people might not be comfortable with.

Although this can stand on it’s own…  I strongly recommend that anyone who hasn't seen the first one should do so before seeing this one so as to avoid getting lost in some of the wittiness that are linked with the prequel. Either which way,  I am sure you would be able to follow this one even if you are not able to see the first one before.

I doubt if there is going to be a third movie but I won’t be surprised if there is… which I believe would largely depend on how successful this one does over time. I strongly feel the movie was released at a very wrong time though considering all the competition from well known franchises with huge yet growing following but let’s just wait and see…. I hope this review is enough to make someone want to go out and see this movie.

I would give this movie 7.5/10 because it did fulfill its purpose of entertaining me from start to finish, my 108mins were well spent.

I sure won’t mind paying to see this movie again because it was worth it.

If you are in dire need of a good laugh look no further…. Let the HILARIOUS Horrible Bosses crack you up.






[Click Here To Watch Trailer]











0 comments:

Post a Comment